The return of cosplay props, part III! (and last XD)
Seth Nigthtroad (Augusta Vladika)’s weapons from the novel-manga Trinity Blood
; Thores Shibamoto’s ROM III illustrations version. The only reference picture is the one you can see here on the left.
Those weapons are supposed to resemble over-sized tuning forks, and their attack is, in fact, called “The Flame of Sound”.
Designed by me, made from scratch by my boyfriend Ahkan, with a little help from me.
Materials: pine wood, aluminium, iron wire, hot glue, silicone, plastic spheres.
Let me show you my boyfriend’s great work! ^___^ He truly poured all his wits and heart in this piece. He prayed me to say here that they were done in a hurry and he still has a lot to do to improve them, but well, I loved my little forks nevertheless.
- design: follows solely the b&w illustration inside ROM III. My dress came from that, so the Tarot Card was referenced just for the proportions of the “antennas” XD (yep I call them antennas!)
- the colour. Those weapons are supposed to be like Abel’s scythe, made with blood and Krsnik cells, I know. But… they had to go with the armour pieces… I wondered months about it, but I simply couldn’t think any other colour than gold, I’m sure blackish red would have ruined them. To be honest, in the novels’ illustrations Abel’s scythe is blood red, while Cain’s spear is pitch black; I don’t see gold as so unlikely for Seth’s weapons. Last but not least, in the Tarot Card illustration Seth wields the fork as a sceptre, as she’s not in Krsnik form… Phew. I hope I’ve explained my point. I know it’s still arguable, as many other things in my Empress dress are, but that was my choice.
- they are completely jointed for easier transportation, not heavy at all, and the antennas don’t bend. Can be wielded and moved and waved around as much as one wants. *proud*
- measurements: 130 cm in length, 25 in width. The “antennas” are 60 cm long.
- the photo from my Lucca Comics and Games 2011
stage performance was taken by the brilliant photographer =daguerroty-pe
That’s all. A project that me and Ahkan hold truly dear. Working from that tiny reference was a challenge, but we did our best to achieve elegant and slender outlines, balanced proportions, solidity and closeness to the original; and last but not least, a design that we could call our very own.
More photos of my Empress Seth cosplay are in my account and in my group’s cosplay page ~Cospoison
! (but you all already know! XD)